What I do
Youth are not problems for social workers to fix. Our job is to build on young people's strengths to engage them as partners in creating personal and social change.
children and youth, civic and community engagement, disparities, K-12 education, marginalized populations, race and ethnicity, racial justice, school social work, social justice
- Ph.D., Social Welfare, University of California, 2012
- MSW, Children and Families, University of California, 2008
- BA, Comparative Studies in Race and Ethnicity, Stanford University, 2000
- DU-DPS Researcher Practitioner Partnership on Disparities in School Discipline 2017-2018
- Incorporating Video Storytelling into Trauma-Informed Practice with Low-Income Youth of Color