Associate Professor; Assoc Dean for Doctoral Ed.
Craig Hall, 2148 South High St. Denver, CO 80208
What I do
I'm passionate about social policy: how policies help shape the human experience, and how humans shape policies. I particularly love teaching about social policy and advocacy, even (or especially) in these turbulent times. As my current students know, teaching policy often involves processing the news in real time, and I love learning from my students' experiences and perspectives. Being involved in policy analysis and political work can be a whirlwind, though, so I'm grateful to my colleagues, my twin boys and my Siberian huskies for helping to keep me grounded.
aging and gerontology, civic and community engagement, disparities, economic development, health and wellness, marginalized populations, poverty, public policy, racial justice, social justice
Greenfield, who joined the GSSW faculty in 2013, teaches several policy-focused courses, including:
* Social Policy Analysis, Advocacy, and Practice, Health Care Policy, Policy Advocacy, Aging Policy, and Mental Health and Health Care Policy at the masters level
* Social Policy Analysis and Development in both the masters and doctoral programs.
- Certificate, Chinese Language, Beijing Language Institute
- Ph.D., Social Work, Washington University, 2013
- MSW, Social Work, Saint Louis University, 2008
- BA, English, Albright College, 1992
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Society for Social Work Research (SSWR)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Expert Analysis for Potential Colorado Paid Family and Medical Leave Program
- Award for Excellence in Mentoring In Doctoral Education, Graduate School of Social Work
- Award for Excellence in Teaching (Appointed Faculty), GSSW
- MSW Advisor of the Year, Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St. Louis
- Jane B. Aron Doctoral Fellow, National Association of Social Workers
- Doctoral Fellow, Hartford Doctoral Fellows Program in Geriatric Social Work, Cohort XI