Jennifer Lee Bellamy
Professor; Associate Dean, Research
What I do
Despite the clear impact fathers have on their families, most child and family services do not well engage men as parents. We have a tremendous opportunity, and obligation, in the field of social work to support the well-being of children and parents by serving the whole family with effective interventions.
child welfare, evidence-based practice/implementation science, families and family systems, gender, research methods, social justice, veterans and the military, violence
Bellamy's current research interests include the engagement of fathers in child and family services, child welfare and evidence-based practice. She has published extensively in the area of evidence-based social work practice and is currently engaged in the development and testing of interventions to better serve fathers in child and family programs including home visiting and child welfare services.
- Ph.D., Social Work, Columbia University, 2006
- MSW, Social Work, University of Texas, 2000
- Society for Social Work Research (SSWR)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Excellence in Mentoring to Doctoral Students Award, Graduate School of Social Work, University of Denver
- Phi Alpha Honorary Member, Phi Alpha Honor Society
- Distinguished Scholar Award, University of Denver Faculty Senate
- Society for Social Work and Research Fellow, Society for Social Work and Research