Professor of the Practice of Social Work, Associate Director for Online Field Education
What I do
I love field education because it's the place where the students put their classroom knowledge into action. I really enjoyed the time I spent in social work practice, and I feel fortunate to be able to help train the next generation of social workers.
leadership and organizations, field education
Prior to moving to Denver in 2000, Sienkiewicz's professional experience was in child welfare, including foster care, adoption and independent living services in New York City. Before joining the GSSW faculty, she also taught a variety of social work practice courses, provided field instruction for students, and served as a field liaison at several colleges in New York and Colorado including Iona College, Metropolitan State University and LaGuardia Community College.
In her life outside of GSSW, she has been happily married since 1989 and has four young adult children. She enjoys the outdoors, working out, yoga, reading, and spending time with her family and friends.
- MSW, Fordham University, 1988
Licensure / Accreditations
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Kay M. Stevenson Faculty Citizenship Award, Dean of the Graduate School of Social Work
- Quality Department Award, University of Denver