Julianne Rollins Mitchell
Clinical Associate Professor
What I do
Attending GSSW was a life-changing experience for me that cultivated and refined my passions for helping others, giving back and learning. My goal is to support and encourage as many students as possible to honor who they are and do what they love through their GSSW journey.
children and youth, clinical social work, culturally-responsive practice, higher education, leadership and organizations, mental and behavioral health, social justice
Prior to her faculty appointment in 2011, Julianne was a field liaison and adjunct field team member at GSSW. She supported and consulted with students and partnering agencies, recruited and approved new agencies as field sites, and developed more than 100 new internship placements for students. She has taught at GSSW since 2006 in the areas of children and youth, mental health, and field education.
- MSW, Social Work, University of Denver, 2002
- BA, Psychology, Emory University, 1995
Licensure / Accreditations
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Kay M. Stevenson Faculty Citizenship Award, Amanda Moore McBride, Morris Endowed Dean and Professor
- Faculty Career Champion, DU Career and Professional Development Services
- Faculty Career Champion, DU Career Services