Leslie K. Hasche
Associate Professor; Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
What I do
Our society has never faced the size, complexity or diversity of our aging population. Through my teaching and research, I hope to motivate more social workers to take leadership roles in developing and offering services that promote quality of life and social engagement of all older adults.
aging and gerontology, evidence-based practice/implementation science, intervention research, mental and behavioral health, social justice
Hasche serves as the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, as the coordinator for the Aging Services and Policy concentration at the Graduate School of Social Work, and as an advisory group member of University of Denver's Knoebel Institute for Healthy Aging. Current research projects involve partnering with LinkAGES Colorado on evaluating the collaborative's community-based intergenerational programs. Her scholarship has been funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the National Institute of Justice, and the John A. Hartford Foundation.
With over 20 publications, her research has been shared through journals, such as The Gerontologist, The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatric and the Journal of Gerontological Social Work. In 2015, the Association for Gerontology Education in Social Work recognized Hasche's early career accomplishments with the Faculty Achievement Award.
- Ph.D., Social Work, Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St. Louis, 2009
- MSW, Social Work, Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St. Louis, 2000
- BA, Social Work Major, Bradley University, 1998
Licensure / Accreditations
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Society for Social Work Research (SSWR)
- DU-Metro Denver Intergenerational Collaborative Partnership
- Enhancing Adult Protective Services
- Faculty Achievement Award, Association for Gerontological Education in Social Work (AGESW)
- Fellow, Gerontological Society of America
- Student Nominated Excellence in Teaching Award-Appointed Faculty, GSSW