Need help? We are happy to assist you!
Our student-serving staff and faculty teams are available to meet with you via multiple channels and across various days and times. Please see specific information for each team in the sections below.
Feel free to email a team member, call or chat via Teams and we will respond to your question as soon as we can during business hours, which are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Mountain Time). General departmental accounts may be monitored by both GSSW staff and student employees. We strive to respond to requests within 48-72 business hours.
If you require emergency assistance, please contact 911 for local assistance and/or 303-871-3000 for DU Campus Safety.
Please provide the following information in all communication with our Academic Affairs offices in order to allow us to assist you more effectively:
- DU ID number
- MSW program
GSSW Contact Information & Office Hours
- Stacy Said
- Phone: (303) 871-6146
- Office: GSSW.Careers@du.edu; Direct: Stacy.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Microsoft Teams Chat at email@example.com
- In-person availability on Tuesday and Thursday; Virtual availability Monday - Friday.
- Schedule a one-on-one appointment through the appointments tab in PCO or via Bookings.
- Virtual via Zoom: Monday, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. MDT and Wednesday, 9 – 10 a.m. MDT
- Craig Hall room 263: Tuesday, 11 – 12 p.m. MDT and Thursday, 8 – 9 a.m. MDT
Who to contact for field-related questions:
- All students currently enrolled in field should contact their GSSW Field Liaison.
- Denver Campus students searching for a field placement in AY 2023–24 should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MSW@Denver students in the placement process should contact their Placement Specialist.
- Western Colorado students searching for a field placement in AY 2023–24 should contact Erin.Leazer@du.edu.
- Four Corners students searching for a field placement in AY 2023–24 should contact Carla.Hase@du.edu.
For MSW@Denver online students, Professional Advising can assist with academic plan changes and navigating DU resources. For Denver Campus, Four Corners and Western Colorado, please connect with program specific advising contacts for specific academic planning, while Professional Advising can support you in navigating DU resources and locating academic planning tools. For general questions, email GSSW.Advising@du.edu.
Effective Fall 2023
Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (MT). Contact us through email, Microsoft Teams or phone. We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours.
Manager of Professional Advising: Maggie Heyduk
- Virtual — Tuesday: 12 – 1 p.m. MDT via Zoom and Microsoft Teams Chat at GSSW.Advising@du.edu
- In-person — Tuesday: 12 – 1 p.m. MDT (Craig Hall 165)
Senior Professional Advisor: Cate Gorham
Professional Advisor: Ruth Nwokora
Contact: Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (MT). Contact us through email, Microsoft Teams or phone. We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours.
Email and MS Teams: GSSWRegistrar@du.edu
Phone: (303) 871-2843
Virtual — Monday, 2 – 3 p.m. MDT and Thursday, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. MDT via Zoom
In-person — Monday, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. MDT and Thursday, 3 – 4 p.m. MDT (Craig Hall 378)
Contact: Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (MT). Contact us through email or phone. We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours.
- Email and MS Teams: GSSW.StudentEngage@du.edu
- Phone: 303-871-6147
Virtual — Tuesday & Thursday, 1 – 2 p.m. MDT via Zoom
In-person — Tuesday & Thursday, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Craig Hall, Margaret Page Library, Office 184B)
Microsoft Teams — Student Engagement Coordinator: Hope Lowry available Monday through Friday from 10 – 11 a.m., via MS Chat at Hope.Lowry@du.edu